eBook [The Simon Iff Stories Other Works Aleister Crowley] paranormal romance

  • Paperback
  • 551
  • The Simon Iff Stories Other Works
  • Aleister Crowley
  • English
  • 11 March 2019
  • 9781840226782

review The Simon Iff Stories Other Works

review The Simon Iff Stories Other Works Aleister Crowley Ë 0 Read Read Ó PDF, DOC, TXT or eBook Ë Aleister Crowley Analysis Taoism and his own religious philosophy of Thelema to divine the depths of human nature and solve a wide array of crimes and mysteriesThe six Scrutinies of Simon Iff stories are set in France and England anchored by Iff's beloved Hemlock Club The twelve Simon Iff in America stories afford Crowley's penetrating insights into America as he found it during his residence from 1914 to 1919 His three Simon Iff Abroad stories. Read this as part of my Insane Read All Sources League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen ProjectCrowley isn t half the writer he thinks he is Alan Moore s fascination with him continues to baffle me although it s possible that he respects him less as a storyteller and as a provocateur and role model The Simon Iff stories 85% of the book are dull and self indulgent with the occasional ham handed attempt to titillate The Golden Twigs the remaining 15% are short stories referencing the Golden Bough Frazer s MASSIVE treatise on folk religion and ceremonial magic and they are far compelling although reading the Golden Bough just to get the references is probably not going to be worth the average reader s timeSo mote it be

Read Ó PDF, DOC, TXT or eBook Ë Aleister CrowleyThe Simon Iff Stories Other Works

review The Simon Iff Stories Other Works Aleister Crowley Ë 0 Read Read Ó PDF, DOC, TXT or eBook Ë Aleister Crowley This volume brings together two series of short fiction by the poet writer and religious philosopher Aleister Crowley 1875 1947 It includes the first complete publication of Simple Simon the detective series featuring Crowley's most memorable fictional creation the mystic magician philosopher psychoanalyst detective Simon Iff The idealised Crowley in old age Simon Iff is wise knowing and unfailingly humorous as he applied psycho. This is a marvelous and affordable collection of Aleister Crowley s Simon Iff detective series and his Golden Twigs series of stories inspired by Frazier s Golden Bough This collection is published as companion volume to The Drug and Other Stories Tales of Mystery the Supernatural The character of Simon Iff is himself an idealized character of the author CrowleyThis contains all six of the stories originally included in the Teitan edition The Scrutinies of Simon Iff and a number of other Iff stories not included in that volume almost 600 pages of rare if not previously unpublished Crowley material Long unavailable except occasionally through privately published pamphlets of individual stories from Crowley esotericists this is the first time since their original publication almost a century ago that they all have been collected and anthologized uite entertaining in its own right Crowley s fiction is a delight to read One hopes that the publishers will compile Crowley s rarer poems and plays in a similar companion volume

Aleister Crowley Ë 0 Read

review The Simon Iff Stories Other Works Aleister Crowley Ë 0 Read Read Ó PDF, DOC, TXT or eBook Ë Aleister Crowley Take the reader to tribal North Africa inaccessible Central Africa and to the high seas The two Simon Iff Psychoanalyst stories were among the earliest tales to use the new science of psychoanalysis to solve mysteries Also included is Crowley's other major short fiction series the eight stories of his legendary Golden Twigs which were inspired by Sir JG Frazer's encyclopedic study of myth and religion in history The Golden Bough. Not as racist as I feared Simon Iff is a clever variation of the consulting detective a la Holmes but also a mystic and a little bit cantankerous uite funny even Other Works included in this compilation are all of Crowley s Golden Twigs stories based on The Golden Bough about pagan ritual or magick They come close to some of some of Arthur Machen s works and are uite uniue little fantasies But darkly